Monday, April 16, 2012

hello world

Who: Call me Khaled.
What: One (1) school year with YES Abroad
When: August 24, 2012 to May 24, 2013
Where: Rabat, Morocco
Why: "The Kennedy-Lugar YES Program evolved out of a generalized recognition that public diplomacy efforts had been neglected in many countries around the world for many years and that the effects of this came into stark focus in the aftermath of the events of September 11, 2001. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, along with the U.S. exchange community, recognized the importance of youth exchange as a key component of renewed commitment to building bridges between citizens of the U.S. and countries around the world, particularly those with significant Muslim populations." (http://yesprograms.org/about)
More details? No, I don't have any information about my host family or school, but I'll post when I find out. I hope to be able to post regularly once the program begins. All future posts may or may not be in English.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's really cool that you're doing this. I'm sure you'll have a blast. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete